Sunday 3 November 2013

Review - Dead Burn by Jennifer Chase

I do love to read about the vigilante pursuits of Emily Stone!

We join Emily in her toughest case yet, when a serial killer is on the loose in California, tracking down and gruesomely killing it's victims in a string of vicious arson attacks.  Emily, Rick & Jordan work as a united team in an attempt to track down the killer and find and protect his targets before he strikes again. 

She thrives on danger, but this time, someone has their eye on her too! Will she get to them, before they get to her? 

When Jennifer asked me if I would like to review the latest book in the Emily Stone series, I jumped at the chance.  I've read all the others in the series and they are brilliantly written thrillers.  Within a few seconds of opening this book, I was very quickly reminded of Emily's determination, courage and highly protective personality and continued to read most of the book whilst holding my breath.

There were times when I wanted to shout at Emily because I knew she was in danger and she couldn't see it.  I've always compared Jennifer's writing to James Patterson and I still think this way, yet I do think it also improves if possible with each book.  Her writing is full of suspense, intrigue, thrill and mystery. You just want to keep on turning the pages even though your heart is pounding away like mad!

I could read about Emily Stone all day long.  She is one hell of a courageous, independent, gutsy, tough cookie, prepared to take on the world in an effort to help others.  I'd love her to be watching my back!

It would be brilliant to see this series transferred to TV. It would make for a riveting watch on the edge of your seat!

Jennifer Chase lives in California and holds a bachelor's degree in police forensics and a master's degree in criminology. She also holds certifications in serial crime and criminal profiling and is a member of the International Association of Forensic Criminologists so she definitely knows what she's talking about.  Compulsion is the first novel that stars Emily Stone and Dead Game the second.  I love that Jennifer has a section of her website that is dedicated to Emily.

Blog/Website

Books: Compulsion  Dead Game  Dark Mind  Dead Burn  Silent Partner  Screenwriting



1 comment:

Jennifer Chase said...

Kim, I'm so glad that you enjoyed Dead Burn. It was a blast to write! Thank you so much for posting it on your book blog :)